Message from the Superintendent of Schools
The beginning of another exciting and productive school year is here. There is no better way to begin the year than to share some highlights of what has been recently accomplished in the district and to communicate a few of our district initiatives for the 2018-2019 school year which are directly linked to our district goals of Wellness and Safety, Academic Initiatives and Community Outreach/Public Relations:
- Renovation of the basketball court and sidewalks at Mountain View School.
- Creation of a fitness trail at Mountain View School.
- Approval of a Class III Officer as part of an interlocal agreement with the Borough of Mendham.
- Installation of new video cameras for increased security.
- Installation of a new phone system with additional security features.
- Development of interdisciplinary and cross-grade level projects utilizing the Lions’ Den and Reading Nook.
- Structural Engineering and Advanced A/V Production - two new Related Arts course offerings for 7th and 8th grade students.
- Refinement of assessment tasks for ELA in Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
- Development of interactive curriculum documents.
- New district logo created by our own 8th grade student Julia McEnroe that will be utilized in the development of our district app, website and social media accounts.
- Incorporation of social media to inform the school community and share all the great things that are happening in our schools.
As we begin the last year of our five year district strategic plan created in the 2013-2014 school year the Board of Education invites you to actively participate in creating our next five year Strategic Plan. Strategic planning creates a vision of the future, and identifies goal and strategies necessary to move the district forward to meet the challenges of the 21st century. We will be discussing the strengths, accomplishments, and challenges of our school district, the vision and expectations for our schools and the goals and objectives necessary to design our future. The process will be facilitated by the New Jersey School Boards Association. Additional information can be found here.
I am confident that the administration, faculty and staff would agree that we are proud and grateful to serve in this wonderful community and as such we begin each school year with a renewed sense of purpose.
You can now follow us on Twitter @mendhamborosd. Thank you for your continued support of our school district!
Dr. Mitzi N. Morillo, Superintendent