District Wellness & Nutritional Guidelines
- The staff and community at Mountain View School and Hilltop School recognize that good nutrition and physical activity for students can lead to better academic performance, higher test scores and fewer behavioral problems as well as establishing lifelong healthy habits. Current research demonstrates that students in America are at greater risk for poor health than in past generations due to environmental influences.
- Mendham Borough Schools has a board approved wellness policy and have established guidelines to promote an environment for healthy eating at school to encourage healthy eating habits:
Board of Education Policy #5141 :: Health.
- As per NJ Administrative Code, It is advised that each student have medical examinations at least once during each developmental stage:
- Early Childhood (Pre-K-3rd grade)
- Pre adolecense (Grade 4-6)
- Adolesence (Grade 7-12)