Dear Parents and Guardians:
It is through the commitment and hard work of our students, support of our school community and the unwavering dedication of our staff, administration, and members of our Board of Education that we continue to pursue and achieve excellence. I would like to share with you some highlights of what has been recently accomplished in the district:
- The use of capital reserve funds for:
- a much-needed renovation of two bathrooms at Mountain View School,
- repaving of the parking lot and drop off loop at Mountain View School,
- upgrading of outdoor lighting to more energy efficient LED fixtures,
- installation of speed tables at Hilltop School,
- preparations for the rehabilitation of the playing surface of the athletic field at Mountain View School.
- Increased building security at Mountain View School with the replacement of the security blinds for all outdoor windows
- Acquisition of Full Option Science Systems (FOSS) kits for grades K-5 that support the implementation of the Next Generation Science Standards
- Purchase of 3-D printer that will allow for the integration and application of skills taught in Art, Industrial Arts (IAT) and Technology (ICT)
- Implementation of a 1:1 student to Chromebook environment at Mountain View in all content area classrooms
We are very fortunate to have an active and supportive Home School Association. They continue to be a vital link between parents and our schools. Their fundraising and outreach efforts are deeply appreciated by the district. You may view HSA events through our district website, www.mendhamboro.org. I encourage you to check in periodically to see how you can participate in events throughout the year.
We look forward to continuing the tradition of excellence in the Mendham Borough Schools. I invite you to become involved and reach out to me at any time with questions, comments, and/or suggestions.
Thank you for your continued support of our wonderful school district!
Mitzi N. Morillo, Ed.D.